Admission procedure for Colleges under MUHS :
1. The date of preference form filling will be announced on www.dmer.org
2. On the (rank-wise) allotted date, you have to go to Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals with certain requisite documents to fill your preference form, which will be made available there itself. You have to fill the names and codes of colleges in the order of your preference. Medical, Dental, Physiotherapy etc. courses should all be mentioned in the same form. You can also apply for the various courses simultaneously.
For example you can fill in MBBS for KEM and BDS for Nair Dental College in the same form.
3. After the form filling procedure for all the students is over, there’s a gap of a few days for the processing to take place.
4. When the first round results are announced you’re allotted in the topmost college of your choice available at your rank; if there’s none, you’re still allowed to participate in the further rounds. You have to continue your admission process at the allotted college; only those who’ve got through into Grant Medical College have to continue their admission process at the same place. At least 3 admission rounds take place; depending on the status of vacancies, there may be more rounds.
5. If you don’t want an upgrade in the further rounds and are happy with the college you are in, you have to fill a form to that effect, enabling the exclusion of your name from the future rounds. Otherwise, if you do get an upgrade in the next round, you have to compulsorily take admission in that college.
Admission Procedure for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) :
- Admissions to Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) are NOT based on Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT- CET). Students have to appear for a separate All India Level Entrance Test held on the 1st Sunday of May and conducted by AFMC itself. Besides the usual Physics, Chemistry and Biology; General Knowledge is an additional criteria in the test.
- The results for this entrance are out within a month where the first 1000 students are short listed for the interview round. Interviews are held in AFMC, Pune ONLY where the questions are primarily based on academics and GK.
- After the interview, there is a Physical Aptitude Test where students are given points according to their performance.
- Finally, a cumulative score based on the entrance, interview and the physical test is calculated and the top 105 boys, 25 girls and 3-5 NRI’s are given admission.
Admission procedure for Dr. DY Patil College:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
Name of exam: AIET
Candidates satisfying the following criteria shall be eligible to appear for AIET
1. Candidates must be Indian National .
The Nationality Certificate issued by the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Chief Metropolitan Magistrate or a valid Passport shall constitute proof of Nationality.
2. The candidate must be either 17 years of age.
3. Candidate should have passed H.S.C. (10+2) or equivalent examination from a Recognized Board with English securing minimum 50% marks (40% for all categories of backward class students) in the aggregate of the subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) for admission to MBBS / BDS / BAMS courses. The Backward class candidates must attach copy of the Caste Certificate and Caste Verification Certificate along with the application.
Candidate desirous of getting admitted to any of the above-mentioned courses should tick the appropriate box in the application form.
Candidates who have appeared for H.S.C. or equivalent examination and whose result will be declared before the dates of Counseling will also be eligible to appear at AIET.
The results of the Entrance Test in the form of combined merit list for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPT arranged according to the marks obtained by the candidates, are declared by the Admission Committee on the suitable dates. The list carries the Hall Ticket Number, Rank and Marks of only those candidates who have secured 50% and more marks (i.e. 100 marks and above out of 200) at the AIET. The AIET Mark-statements are sent to the candidates by post under certificate of posting.
The results are also be displayed on the following website of the Padmashree Dr DY Patil University http://www.dypatil.ac.in
There is no provision for revaluation of Answer Books.
Candidates who secure the minimum 50% marks at AIET and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils are eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS / BAMS / B.P.T. courses and can be offered provisional admission to these on the basis of their interse merit at the time of counseling. For details, refer to para Counseling
In case of equal marks at AIET, the following procedure shall be adopted for determining inter-se-merit:
First level: A candidate securing higher marks in Biology (or Botany & Zoology) in the Entrance Test shall be preferred. If the tie still persists, then,
Second Level: A candidate securing higher marks in Chemistry in the Entrance Test shall pe preferred. If the tie still persists, then,
Third level: A candidate securing higher marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at H.S.C. or equivalent examination shall be preferred, if the tie still persists, then,
Fourth Level: An older candidate shall be preferred over a younger candidate.
Counseling schedule giving the dates, time and merit standing of students is declared at the time of result.
Relevant Medical Colleges :
- Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC)
- ESIC Dental College and Hospital
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Ayurved Charak Sansthan
- Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS)
Relevant Medical Colleges :
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC)
- University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS)
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS)
Professional Course colleges in Bangalore admit students on the basis of their performance in three different exams depending on what course and category they wish to apply.
1. Karnataka CET - for Government seats in Engineering, Medical, Dental & ISMH Colleges
2. UGET - for COMEDK seats in Engineering, Medical and Dental Colleges
3. NATA - for Government as well as COMEDK seats in Architecture Colleges.
Now depending on which seats/exam you wish to apply through, you have to follow one or both of the following processes: