Parikshit Sangvikar - Management Trainee, BASF Group
|Post Grad Institute||Indo-German Training Centre (IGTC), Mumbai|
|Grad College||BITS Pilani|
|Year of Graduation||2012|
|Grad Aggregate||7.42/10 CGPA|
- Current Training company: BASF Group
- Department: Sales and Marketing, BASF Health and Nutrition
- Job Location: Mumbai
- Past Companies worked for: SRF Ltd
- Pay Package: Not disclosed
Interview Experience at IGTC during Admission process:
The interviews conducted at IGTC during the PGPBA Admission Process are a unique form of an evaluation process, wherein the reputed German Organisations interview students and select them for the IGTC’s PGPBA programme. I was shortlisted by 6 companies for the interview round. Most of the companies closely evaluated based on the way we present our ideas, thoughts and justified opinions and answers. The interview round with BASF and Lanxess in particular was very exhaustive and I liked the way the process unfolded, you get a platform to present your creativity, innovative thinking and ways to tackle problems. The interviewers were full of enthusiasm, energy and positive attitude which helped me to express effectively. The entire process was great experience and good learning.
Current Job Description:
- Preparing business strategies for the SBU (Strategic Business Unit,
- South Asia market landscaping for the SBU
- Capturing industry trends and organizing data from various geographies for comparative analysis
- Performing competitive analysis for the SBU
- Detailed SWOT analysis of the SBU from various angles – SCM, Distribution, Manufacturing and Production, Sales & Marketing, Organizational structure etc
- Arriving at various strategic options
Experience at the Training Company:
At BASF, I got my first exposure to what a Fortune 500 enterprise is really like. As a chemical engineering student back in BITS Pilani, BASF was always my dream company. With every passing day, I learn something new about the business environment and market dynamics. I observe the importance of team-work and attention to detail. BASF is an employee friendly organization, provides great flexibility and a dynamic and diverse work environment. It has helped me to improve my skills of data analysis, organize and interpret data, apply a lot of concepts learnt during the classroom sessions at IGTC.
Advice to the juniors:
My simple advice to the juniors is to focus on the present, make most of the opportunities that come along your way. Talking about IGTC selection process specifically, organize your thoughts well during the group discussion and interview rounds. Self-confidence, simplicity and speed are the key.