Rohit Pillai - Management Trainee, Bosch Ltd.
|Post Grad Institute||Indo-German Training Centre (IGTC), Mumbai|
|Year of Passing||2015|
|Grad College||Fr. Agnel, Bandra|
|Year of Graduation||2010|
|Standout Quality||Initiative, leadership, out-of-the-box thinking|
- Current Training company: Bosch Ltd.
- Department: Bosch Thermotechnology, Sales and Marketing
- Job Location: Bangalore
- Past Companies worked for: Praxis Interactive Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Pay Package: 4 L p.a.
Interview Experience at IGTC during admission process:
The interview experience at IGTC was truly enriching with a full day interviews from morning to evening. Each company that interviewed was highly professional and gave a realistic feedback on abilities, skills, profile, and career interests. The interview process gave me clarity about where I stand when it comes to industry requirements and what the industries think of my profile.
Current Job Description:
Sales and Marketing Intern at Bosch Thermo-technology, Bangalore
- Setting up a social media marketing plan for the department
- Establishing a streamlined and automated sales reporting and forecasting system that will call for minimum monitoring and intervention
- Following up on sales leads and visiting clients and customers
- Designing and monitoring branding elements for the department.
- Negotiating with prospective dealers to expand dealer network across India
- Developing proposals for potential projects for the Ministry of Natural and Renewable Energy
- Analyzing current and untapped markets for developing sales and marketing strategies
- Developing an automated tool for offer document generation to be used by sales managers
Experience at the Training Company:
The training is far above my expectation. The projects I am working on are live and it feels good that the work done by me is actually shaping the department’s business and affecting the business process positively. The project guide has rewarded me with several challenging and interesting tasks on noticing my interest and efforts towards the work I do. The department treat me like a team member and we share work and delegate work as if I am an employee of the organisation.
Advice to the juniors:
Only a strong work ethic, firm inclination, and interest to learn more will help you land a great job at a German company. This can come only from firm determination and the correct application of what you learn at IGTC. My learning’s from IGTC have positively helped me in several ways at the training company. In order to enjoy what you do, you need to put in a lot of work at IGTC and then only will you see positive results at work. What’s better than working with something you love doing!